The penalty you are given depends on how fast you were going and if you have any other endorsements on your licence.
- If you are doing double the speed limit you will have to appear in court
- If you have more than 8 points on your licence prior to the speeding offence then you will have to appear in court
- If you are caught travelling at over 100 miles an hour then you will have to appear in court
- You Will have to appear in court as the court may decide to take your licence from anywhere from 6 -12 moths they deem these speeding offenses as More serious
- If you are caught going marginally over the speed limit then you can expect to receive 3 points and a £60 speeding fine